Blog, LinkedIn, Twitter doesn't look like I did anything these past few years.
That's what it looks like when my head's down.
We just shut down Subtense, LLC—artificially intelligent patent search & analysis tools—a company I co-founded and served as CEO.
That's what happens when my head's down. I learn odd stuff (in no order) like...
2) Artificial Intelligence (ML & NLP)
4) DevOps (GCloud, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes)
5) More Advanced Full Stack Development
8) How to Apply to Accelerators and, More Important, Why
9) How to Sell: Cold to Close
10) Alignment, Alignment, Alignment
11) How to Know your Market like Thoth
We persevered through 3 extinction level events and 1 thing which counts for another 2/10ths.
The 4th in 1 year is enough.
Hidden weakness in our data, pulled in an emergency shutdown of our partner's service, finally did us in.
I cannot yet express how close we were to making this work or how much joy and value I gained throughout the project.
Working on it, though.
A short month passed since we made the decision, and while I spontaneously, involuntarily spout a PTSD "Fuck!" when passing by sketches and post-its and articles on LegalTech or patents—because we were so bloody close!—I feel happy.
The kind where you love what you do.