I watched 70 videos on Python, and immediately put the info to use for both Operation Notecard and Operation Gigbot (below).
- OpenCV (Computer Vision)
- web scraping
- Reading Eric Reis' The Lean Startup.
- @jasonlk: I swear he's reading my journal.
~125 Contributions across the 4 projects below.
Launched Operation Notecard
Tech: Python, computer vision, automation, more.
Applying computer vision (for handwriting recognition) and automation to speed personal workflows.
I also hand wrote over 60,000 characters.
More on this project in April.
Launched Operation Gigbot
Tech: Integration, automation, natural language processing, more.
Launched Chrome Extension: BangBuck (open source)
Try building a house with a continuously adjusting measuring stick.
This extension—immature at the moment—normalizes and adjusts all dollars on websites.
More on this in April.
- Angular 4
- Material Design
- SQLite (old db source)
- MongoDB (new, dev db source)
Got the blog up and running with little effort. Set up SEO and analytics and whatnot.
Published 10 Blog Posts
- What can Academics do to Fix Patent Law
- Jim's Story (Bad Patent Advice)
- Late Bloomer
- Novel and Original: Different Things
- How to Solve Fake News
- Shutting Subtense
- meometer (a little update)
- Ookla Triggers
Read 4 Books, 2 in Progress
No book reports yet. Coming soon, though.
- I'm Dying Up Here: Heartbreak and High Times in Stand-Up Comedy's Golden Era William Knoedelseder
- Intuition Pumps And Other Tools for Thinking Daniel Dennett
- Digging Up Mother: A Love Story Doug Stanhope
- Based on a True Story: A Memoir Norm Macdonald
- Mastery Robert Greene
- The Lean Startup Eric Ries
- New season of Archer.
- New season of Better Call Saul.
- The Last Kingdom.
- Gigs: 0
- Practice: ~8h
Subtense No More
Shut down a company.
- Traffic: 95 unique pageviews (I'm likely 90% of that.)
- Biggest page: "Late Bloomer"
- Biggest day: Mar 29
Followers (total/new): 359/+45
Invited to help a woman-founded startup. I bring tech skills (including machine learning), founder experience, and 100% trust.
Plus I know one thing better than the CEO: she is Neo^10. (And probably only this one thing.)
Invited to help advise financial startup which will help dismantle payday loans.
I bring advisory tech skills and 100% trust.
- Lost 20 pounds. Diet-based.
- Not much in the fitness universe.
- Max pullups: 3
- Changed two major habits.